My lens isn't really pink, but this blog is through my point of view. If point of views had color, mine would be PINK!
.............................................................................................................................................................


....................................................................................................



....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................

Monday, January 31, 2011

Enchiladas (Cream Cheese and Chicken)

Last night I made this yummy, but not super healthy dish! (whoops!)
I mean, it has cream cheese in it, so you can't go wrong. hehe
Hubby LOVED it!

I took photos with my iPhone as I made it, so you can reference the different steps.
I would use my normal camera, but I am a messy cook... My husband says I remind him of the Chef off of Sesame Street! 

So, mess + expensive camera= not a good idea.
I will have to plan ahead and make sure to be extra neat and take good photos of the process.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


INGREDIENTS  **PHOTO 1**

  • 1 rotisserie chicken (you know the awesome  pre-cooked ones from your supermarket deli.  You can cook your own chicken, but this is so much faster!)
  • 2 packs low fat cream cheese
  • Salsa 
  • soft tortillas (I used the big burrito ones, and they were a little too big, so i had to cut the finished enchiladas in half to serve.  Go with the smaller ones! )
  • 1 can enchilada sauce
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • lettuce
  • pico de gallo
  • diced jalepenos


DIRECTIONS 

Shred the whole rotisserie chicken. 
Place in large skillet with 2 blocks of cream cheese (cut up for faster melting)
Melt the mixture together. **PHOTO 2**
Stir in a 1/4 cup of salsa (more if you like) 
--------------------------
Spread chicken/cheese mixture on tortilla. **PHOTO 3**
Put a couple of spoonfuls of salsa along the center of tortilla
Roll tortilla up and place in dish.
*repeat until dish is full  :) *
--------------------------
Cover tortillas with enchilada sauce
Cover top of dish with layer of shredded cheddar cheese
Pop in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly  (about 15-20min) **PHOTO 4**
--------------------------
Top with lettuce, pico de gallo, jalepenos (and sour cream, if you prefer...which I don't) **PHOTO 5**
--------------------------
Serve and Enjoy!  **I took a photo of the finished plate, but my phone didn't save it. Grr!!**



No comments:

Post a Comment