My lens isn't really pink, but this blog is through my point of view. If point of views had color, mine would be PINK!
.............................................................................................................................................................


....................................................................................................



....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................

Monday, February 28, 2011

Horrible Hair... better hair.

OMG... we have been so consumed with everything going on in our lives that I totally let my head go.
I knew it needed coloring and a cut, but I kept putting it off.  Then I woke up the other day and realized that it looked just horrible.... like, "how can I go out in public like this?" horrible. Yeah, it was that bad!

Last week, my husband & I went to the DMV to renew our car tags and I really need to renew my license with my new address, but I looked so dang terrible I just couldn't do it.  I mean, did I really want a 4-year reminder of my terrible, root-showing hair? (The answer to that is NO, of course!)

See, I had to use my iPhone to cover my face because of the horrible shame of bad hair.
To my "slight" defense, this is fresh out of a pony tail, unwashed... but the roots are all real.


So, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some at-home dye, so I could make myself more presentable to the world, my husband, and myself.  I picked up my favorite... L'Oreal Couleur Experte® because it is color and hi-lights all in one box.  I LOVE the hi-light applicator and it is SO easy to use.  BONUS: I had a $2 off coupon. SCORE!




After about an hour and a half of hair attention, I emerged much more presentable.  

Note: this is just washed and dried... no styling/flat iron, etc 




Of course, I am not even going to try cutting my hair myself (CAN WE SAY DISASTER!!), so I left that to the pros.
 I wound up just getting a slight trim and getting my long layers cleaned up, but it looks a little healthier now.


(I was in the changing room over at TJ Maxx.  I headed over there after my hair cut, and after trying on clothes, I realized I better take a photo before I completely mess my hair up.  It is a little disheveled here, but oh well.)


Oh, and while I was at the salon a lady walked up and told my stylist that my hair color was pretty.
 Woot! I guess my home-dye job wasn't so bad. :)








1 comment:

  1. Looks great!! I need to try this, I have blond highlighted hair and I would love to save 125$ every 7weeks!

    ReplyDelete