My lens isn't really pink, but this blog is through my point of view. If point of views had color, mine would be PINK!
.............................................................................................................................................................


....................................................................................................



....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Shredding up the slopes - NOT!

We are headed out tomorrow morning on our annual ski trip.  I am so excited to see all of the beautiful snow, but a little less excited to ski.  I swore last year that I would be in better shape, but I'm not. In fact, I am in far worse shape.

We have gone skiing every year since we have been together (so, we have been 3 times + this one).  While I don't crash all the time, I am still not very good.  I stay in a snow plow position (or "pizza" if you have ever heard the snow school training kids) the entire time down the mountain, so I am tired and hurting by the time I make it to the bottom.

I am afraid of getting off the ski lift because I fall almost every time.  All of that pressure to hurry, get off, and get out of the way before the next person runs over you is just more than I can handle.

And yet, I keep trying.  It looks like fun and I want to like it so much, so I keep telling myself I will be better each year that I try.

This year is no different, and I will take my klutzy self up to the top of the mountain (err... the top of the easiest green trail) and try it again.  This year though I have one of my girlfriends going with me and she is not very experienced, so I will have someone to hang out with and laugh with as we slowly go down the bunny slope together.  They boys will be off tearing it up somewhere more advanced.


Here are a couple photos from last year's ski trip!


I will say though, that when standing still at least I think I look like an experienced skier in my gear.


















Well, I will post photos from this year's trip when we get back.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment