My lens isn't really pink, but this blog is through my point of view. If point of views had color, mine would be PINK!
.............................................................................................................................................................


....................................................................................................



....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Don't be Bitter, be Better.

I generally try to stay positive, but I am annoyed!

Do you know what annoys me?  Copycats!  I just wish people would get their own ideas instead of piggybacking off of mine.  And while this rant sounds general, it is rather specific.

I don't want to name any names, because I am not interested in gossiping or spreading hurtful info about others.  I just want to vent, so it will remain rather anonymous little vent.

We ALL garner inspiration from different places, and that is cool, especially in a creative field.  However, when I see the same person visiting my blog (my business one, not this one) over and over and over… then posting the same things (just changed ever so slightly) it irritates the hell out of me.  On another hand though, it is hilarious because it is SO stinkin' obvious!

This person copies the all kinds of things from me, and sometimes it is weird stuff (like how I structured my blog titles when I was preparing to move my business to another town).

My stuff is not totally unique in this big world of blogging, nor is my photography style, marketing, etc..., but it is blatantly obvious when I post or change something and all of sudden the same thing goes up on this other blog. UGH!

But it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things because the truth is, some people don't have the creativity or know-how to do things on their own. Some people are only made to ride the coattails of others because they have never explored with in themselves to find something they are good at. You know what?  That's ok, because they will never truly be successful until they find their own passion.

They say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", so I guess I should just take it as a compliment.

I truly have a passion for what I do, so I am just going to keep on, keepin' on and continue to work hard.
I am obviously doing something right, and I am loving what I am doing.  Can you ask for anything more in life?

So, when faced with the craziness, I just need to keep repeating to myself… "Don't be bitter, be BETTER". :)



(my kitty on a rainy day)


Thanks for reading my little rant. I am getting off my soapbox now, and hope that the take away message from this is that you should always work hard toward your passion and goals.  It doesn't matter what anyone else says or DOES because you can only control "you".

 This public service announcement has been brought to you by.... LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment