My lens isn't really pink, but this blog is through my point of view. If point of views had color, mine would be PINK!
.............................................................................................................................................................


....................................................................................................



....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Total Un-FUN-ness of Losing Weight!

Up until the past few years, I have prided myself on having a super-high metabolism. Why?  Because i LOVE (no, i mean REALLY love) to eat and HATE (no, i mean REALLY hate) to exercise. But given that recipe for bodily disaster, I have always managed to stay toned and trim… until I met my husband!

When we first met, I followed the mantra "a way to a man's heart is through his stomach"… I love to cook, so we had home cooked meals all the time.  And I have heard that sometimes when you are happy and in love, both parties can put on weight… and, we did!

But it was nothing crazy.  My clothes still fit, I could just notices a little extra filling here and there.

Then we got engaged, and  in the months prior to the wedding I enforced "operation extra weight be gone". I ate nothing but those teensy-tiny pre-package frozen meals and we went to the gym (a little). It worked and when the wedding day rolled around I had lost several pounds.

We then were whisked away the next day on our European honeymoon, where I declared there would be no limits on eating there.  How often do we come here?  I am eating anything and everything French and Italian in sight!

I apparently didn't get the memo, that the food-fest was over when we returned home. :(

I have gone up a couple of jean sizes since the wedding, and my body is nothing like it used to be. How can a wonderful marriage be so good for the soul, but so bad for the body? (I have to blame something, and it can't be my enormous love for food and my great loathing for exercise!)  I guess the fact that I am quickly approaching 30 doesn't help things either.  (Darn age and metabolism, ugh!)

Anyhow, that brings me to where I am now, fat and happy, err unhappy, umm… Well, I am extremely happy in my life, but unhappy with my current weight/size.

Currently, as most of you know, we are in the middle of building a house, so we are temporarily crammed in this little apartment.  There is no where to walk outside, so the dogs are getting chubby too. I tried to remedy the situation by rush ordering several workout dvds, but I tried one, and realized the following:

1.) I feel stupid, but I am willing to feel that way to get skinnier.
2.) I don't have enough room to do the dvd in this tiny apartment without almost kicking my dogs in the faces.
3.) I don't have enough room to do the dvd in this tiny apartment without almost kicking the coffee table.
4.) I don't have enough room to do the dvd in this tiny apartment without almost kicking the tv stand.

You get the point!   Luckily, the neighborhood that our house is being built in, is a great place to walk, and I will have tons of room to do the dreaded dvds in too!  There is a huge hill on our street that I swear I am going to walk, but hubby thinks that I won't make it.  So, I think the first time I try, I am going to have him on stand by to pick me up in the car (if I am dying).  Sad, isn't it! hehe!  I will get back to you on the results of the "treacherous" hike.


So, next month is our annual ski trip, and I swore last year I would be in better shape to hit the slopes, but I think (no, I know) I am actually in worse shape.  So, here's hoping I don't kill my self out there!

Well, now that it is out here in cyberspace... maybe I will feel more accountable for staying on track!
Maybe!!!  






In case you wondering about my dvd choices, I will explain.

1.) 5 day get fit mix - Because I am lazy (there, i said it) and it says 10 minute workouts.  Yes, please!
2.) Body by Bethenny - Because I love her on "The Real Housewives of New York".  Isn't that enough?
3.) Bollywood Burn Because of the show, "So You Think You Can Dance", (which I can't dance) I have grown to love watching Bollywood dancing.  It looked likes fun, but now, I am thinking that anything with the word BURN in it is usually anything but FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Weight Watchers? It is the only thing that ever helped me consistently lose weight without having to starve myself or deny myself cheeseburgers and fries. I think you look great, but I know how it feels to put on a few extra pounds after marriage. I've been married for almost 4 years and I'm still working on it. Don't starve yourself and lose your curves ;) You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet words.. :) I have not used weight watchers before, but I heard good things about it. Did you do the online program?

    ReplyDelete